Did you know that predicting is a great way to help your children get ready to read or strengthen their understanding of what they read? Check out these books to practice that skill:
- Baa Choo by Sarah Weeks
- Bringing the Rain to Kapiti Plain by Verna Aardema
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Chicken Soup with Rice by Maurice Sendak
- Do You Want to Be My Friend? by Eric Carle
- Dr. Seuss’s ABCs by Dr. Seuss
- Goodnight Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
- I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed A Fly by Mary Ann Hoberman
and Nadine Bernard Westcott
- I Went Walking by Sue Williams
- It Looked Like Spilt Milk. By Charles Shaw
- Jump, Frog, Jump by Robert Kalan
- Little Blue and Little Yellow by Leo Lionni
- Little Rabbit Foo Foo by Michael Rosen and Arthur Robins
- Look Out, Suzy Goose by Peter Horacek
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
- Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? by Bill Martin, Jr.
- The Jacket I Wear In the Snow by Shirley Neitzel
- The Lady with the Alligator Purse by Nadine Westcott
- The Mitten by Jan Brett
- The Napping House by Audrey Wood
- The Scarecrow’s Hat by Ken Brown
- Today is Monday by Eric Carle
- Watch Out, Big Bro’s Coming by Jez Alborough
- What Do You Do With A Tail Like This? By Steve Jenkins
Brought to you by Home of the Literacy Ambassador®.
COPYRIGHT ©2009 All Rights Reserved. To reproduce more than one copy of this list or to place an order for printed copies, call 256-883-7005 or visit www.readingisforeveryone.org